Today I am happy to write that I’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award 😊 This award is given to bloggers by bloggers, as a shout out for all the hard work and hours spent on this labour of love.
I was nominated by Lana and Ian from Who Do I Do, a blog filled with travel and a good dose of amazing restaurant reviews from around the world (if this post doesn’t make you drool I don’t know what will). A big thank you to Lana and Ian for the nomination.
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you created
How my Blog started
I started writing as a hobby more than anything else. I caught the travel bug in a serious way around 2009 and was travelling both for work and play with a rapidly increasing frequency. Though I had always enjoyed writing, I assumed it was a dead art, at least for me, with a full-time job, a social life, a travel schedule, and all the rest that life throws at us. However I was literally losing track of where I’d been and what I’d seen, and the second I wrote my first entry, I remembered how enjoyable it is to translate experiences onto paper. Since then I’ve devoted a lot more time to my writing and website, and hope to share a little slice of my experiences with the world.
Advice to New Bloggers
- Write what you enjoy: if your favorite thing about a new place is finding the city flea market, write about it. Somebody else out there will like it too, no matter how obscure it may seem. Passion and enjoyment come through so clearly in writing, and it’s a lot easier to enjoy as a reader when you feel that the writer is really dedicated to what they say.
- Live deliberately (and write later): by live deliberately I mean be present. In every moment and every experience. Remember to look up, around, feel the sunshine, taste the rain, meet new people, see all there is to see. Try not to think about what’s waiting back home. The point of travelling is to get lost in something exotic.
- The TRVL blog
- Offbeat Sightseeing
- The Sterling Traveler
- Travel Love Fashion
- Something of Freedom
- With Michelle
- Backpacker Track
- Travel Lemming
- Bacon is Magic
- Her Travel Therapy
- Dinner with Julie
- Lone Rucksack
- Breathe Dream Go
- Travels with Talek
- Travel Yourself
Thanks again to Who Do I Do for the nomination, and congrats to the new nominees!