Well I did Travel by Wine, and now my other favorite consumable. Chocolate. Anyone that knows me knows I have a (ahem) small obsession with chocolate. I tend to sample it extensively in most places – and here’s a list of my favourites. And for fun, I plotted them on a map of the “Top Ten Chocolate Consuming countries- there appears to be a correlation.
- Simon Levelt (Netherlands) Salted honey cream
- Leonidas (Netherlands, France) Classic nougat
- Bernard Callebaut (Calgary) Rice crisp
- Choklat (Calgary) Make your own!
- Purdy’s (Canada-wide locations) Himalayan pink salt peanut butter
- Schokoladenwerkstatt (Kassel, Germany) Chocolate Mousse truffle
- KoKo Black (Melbourne, Australia) Dark Salted Caramel
- Van Oost (Bruges) Saffron Heart
- Mary Chocolates (Bruges) Manhattan Ganache
- Choco-Holic (Bruges) Dark chocolate chili
- De Bonte Koe (Rotterdam) Red Port Bonbon
- Criollo Chocolatier (Toulouse) Armagnac Ganache
- Tete de Cabosse (Toulouse) Crunchy nougat praline
- Jeff de Bruges (Toulouse) Palet JB Noir
- Patisserie Saint Andre Letendart (Pau) Rocher Suisse
- Chocolaterie de la Couronne (Pau) La Perle D’Or
- William Currey (London) Rosemary and Olive Oil
Jeff de Bruges (http://jeff-de-bruges.com/fr)
Other Goodies Worth a Mention
Courtesy of http://www.benscookies.com/
- City Bakery (NYC): The hot chocolate.
Please – if you know of a killer chocolate joint in your vicinity, let me know! I would love to make this list longer. And little did I know, there is even a Choco-locate app for Iphones – for details head over to Julie’s blog here. And the number one chocolate in the world is still my mom’s Christmas truffles – that will never change 🙂