Today is just a short little post about my favourite and essential plane ride packing list. I think it’s fair to say that nobody LOVES getting on a plane – being stuck in a metal container with recycled air, a least one screaming child, bad food, and cramped seats hardly seems attractive. Bringing along a few creature comforts can lessen the pain. Below is my plane ride packing list:
(1) Noise cancelling headphones: between the mechanical creaks and pops, humming engine, and everyone around you, Noise cancelling headphones are a godsend. I use Skullcandy.
(2) iPod/iPhone: load up with your favorite tunes, podcasts, audiobooks, or whatever you fancy to pass the time. Lately I’ve been listening to Neil Patrick Harris’ autobiography… guaranteed to keep you in fits of laughter and bother everyone around you.
(3) Cozy socks: I always get cold feet (only figuratively) and planes tend to get chilly. A set of big wooly socks are just the ticket.
(4) Eye Mask: essential if you want to catch some zzzzzz’s.
(5) Nivea cream: planes are notoriously dry and your face will thank you for bringing some moisture.
(6) Hand lotion: your hands will thank you too! Hemp hand protector by the Body Shop is uhhhhhh-mazing.
(7) Sunglasses: helpful for avoiding bleary eyes when stepping from the artificial plane light back into the real world.